The Courses – MEDICAL LANGUAGE – Standard Group
Standard Group format
Starting dates: 1st Monday on any month
Duration: min 2 weeks, max 3 weeks
Lessons: 20 per 2-weeks Spanish Language, 20 per 2-weeks Medical Spanish, 10 per 2-weeks Shadowing
Skill levels: from the 3rd ability level on. Good knowledge of healthcare is required.
Class size: min 3 max 8
Special course divided into 2 weeks (with possibility to add 1 extra week) and directed to all people involved with this special-need field, in particular to all health-care professionals who, for any reason, are working with (or who are interested in working with) Spanish patients and/or medical practitioners. The course is held all year around, starting any 1st Monday on any month if minimum participants are enrolled (see “special note 1″ below).This course is organized on a small-group format and fixed schedule that includes medical shadowing and some social activities too.
Spanish Language School: First day all students will be asked to take a placement test to evaluate their spanish level and introduce them in the correct level. After coffee break they will assist togheter to theorical medical lesson. In this lessons they will cover Level 1 – Cominicacion con el Paciente. Click here to see curriculum.
Shadowing and medical activities: Students are divided into 2+ groups of max 4 pax each for shadowing at health care facility accompanied by the Medical teacher. The program also includes, on first sunday, a medical operative at orphanage located in the village of Boya accompanied by the Medical teacher, with 2 ways transportation. ( for this operative you may want to bring your necessary medical instruments and some goods for kids)
Social activities: We also included it every other day accompanied by the one of the teachers with 2 ways transportation.
Accommodation: In hosting families, located at less than 30 minutes walking distance from school and each-other. In single room, sharing bathroom and dining room. Includes 2 meals per day.
Special note 1: In Medical Standard Group format there is a minimum number of 3 participants. In case this quota is not achieved students can shift to another medical course format or change starting date or cancel their course. School will offer pro-rate or payback according to decision of students. Please note that changes or cancellation is admitted only if minimum quota is not achived and for Medical Course – Standard Group format only.
- airport pick-up and drop-off
- spanish language course
- medical languag course
- shadowing in health care facilities and 2 ways transportation
- 3 after-school activities per week and 2 ways transportation each
- accommodation in hosting family in singfle room with 2 meals per day
- 2-ways transportation to te beach 1st saturday
- 2-ways transportation to Boya orphanage and lunch on 1st sunday ( for this operative you may want to bring your necessary medical instruments and some goods for kids)
Fee Doesn’t Include
- transportation school-accommodation and back
- transportation school-meeting point and back (when activities and in the week-end’s travels)
- activities and/or transporation on free hours
- any medical instrument (for shadowing and medical operative)
- anything not specified on “Fee Includes“
Schedule (click to enlarge)
* Standard activities are not fixed. Must be confirmed every time. Please check our Facebook page or Secretariat for more informations.